Feist The Reminder
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Cherrytree-Interscope
In 2005, after years of collaborating with pals like Peaches and Broken Social Scene, the spotlight finally fell solely on Leslie Feist-her voice and charm so powerful that nobody cared that most of the songs on Let It Die were covers. On The Reminder, which she recorded with a gaggle of dudes (including Julian Brown, Mocky, and Jamie Lidell), everything's her own, barring a raucous take on Nina Simone's "Sea Lion Woman." Again, Feist's eclectic tastes make for a giddily schizophrenic album. As she jumps from tender ballads ("So Sorry") to BSS-fevered pop jams to torch songs, she sets herself up for another runaway success. "I feel it all," she sings, and you will too.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player