Felix You Are the One I Pick
Unfortunately, the opening song from this British chamber-pop duo spoils the entire album. On “Death to Everyone But Us,” gently woven piano and guitar melodies blow thick espresso fumes into the air before Lucinda Chua mews the off-putting song title. While one might expect an ironic, punk counterpoint to follow, the rest of the album is basically placid, coffeehouse muzak. There are the funny moments—Chua repeatedly tells the listener she would never let YOU ride her on “I Wish I Was a Pony”—but overall, the muttering-poet routine quickly grows monotonous.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player