- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Shitkatapult
Having made a name for himself with his uniquely threaded minimal techno style, Lars Fenin makes reggae the centerpiece of his new album, Grounded. Does it work? To a degree. The production is clean and balanced, ranging from electrified reggae-vocal numbers like "No CIA" and "Thrill" to the deeper techno dubbery of "Stony Road" and "Got It." However, the digital cleanliness seems to beg for a little filth to richen things up, and coupled with some overall lo-cal sequencing, the album comes up a little thin in the original flavor department.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player