Fennesz Live In Japan
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Headz
Many critics portray Christian Fennesz as the guy who digitized the Beach Boys on his 2001 landmark, Endless Summer. But this live document from February 2003 attests that his heart is not for the surfer girl. Live is a 45-minute stream of loops, where acoustic guitar melodies and organ timbres scatter like autumn leaves under a gale wind of static and scrambled microtones. The opening number's smeared distortion steams like rain on Times Square neon. Also emerging from the mire is a guitar riff reminiscent of Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time." The anticipation for Fennesz's upcoming album, Venice, just keeps getting worse.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player