- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Kompakt
It would be hard for Spanish duo Ferenc to top their ‘03 hit "Yes Sir I Can Hardcore"-and they don‘t. Fraximal isn‘t bad-its 10 synth-layered technotracks are solid enough-but it lacks "Hardcore"‘s brilliance. Opener "Diplodocus" sets an ambient tone that grows steadily more beat-conscious as the album progresses, but many of the tracks never quite differentiate themselves enough from each other. The results are mixed: "Vinagreta," with its swooshing ocean noises, feels forced, but "Urdangarin Resistance" and "Neng" get deeper, grittier and much better.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player