- Words: John Dark
- Label: Spark
Lent is the Catalan word for slow, but you'd be forgiven for thinking Barcelona's Vicent Fibla was referring to the fasting period before Easter. The music here is ascetic, particularly the quiet step-click of "Eucapt Sand" and the dark, cinematic tones of "Making The Most of It," where bass tones drone mournfully like chanting monks. Perhaps this isn't surprising, coming from an artist who's recorded for Sub Rosa, Benbecula and Couchblip, but it still leaves you wondering how many nostalgic, subdued, boldly Autechre-influenced beep 'n' click albums one can stand to have in the collection.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player