- Words: John Dark
- Label: Spark
Lent is the Catalan word for slow, but you'd be forgiven for thinking Barcelona's Vicent Fibla was referring to the fasting period before Easter. The music here is ascetic, particularly the quiet step-click of "Eucapt Sand" and the dark, cinematic tones of "Making The Most of It," where bass tones drone mournfully like chanting monks. Perhaps this isn't surprising, coming from an artist who's recorded for Sub Rosa, Benbecula and Couchblip, but it still leaves you wondering how many nostalgic, subdued, boldly Autechre-influenced beep 'n' click albums one can stand to have in the collection.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player