Filippo Moscatello Pagliaccio
- Words: Lulu McAllister
- Label: Moodmusic
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Now that Berlin-based Italian producer Filippo Moscatello has returned to his techno and house roots on Pagliaccio, gone are the days of his electro-focused DJ Naughty guise. But his nostalgia offers mixed results. While the bright horn accent on "Furio" is an easy nod to Moscatello’s Italo-disco past, the retro flourish doesn’t quite deserve the attention it receives on this fairly lackluster track. On the other hand, "Slave to the Dub" gracefully crafts an understated but satisfying song by pulling from a forgotten cast of alternately shimmering, croaking, and whirring ’90s keyboard synths. The jack-in-the-box intro of "Kleinmond" provides a sweetly innocent counterpoint to the subdued low-end richness of the track’s underbelly.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player