Fink Distance and Time
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Ninja Tune
I’ve gotta hand it to Fin “Fink” Greenall for bravely sticking to his acoustic guitar and husky tenor instead of reverting back to his sampler, no matter what his fans wish. But he’s still not a nimble lyricist, and he tends to indulge hopelessly romantic clichés where he either writes valentines or Dear John notes to poor lasses. Greenall is cute at best–he sings about missing blueberry pancakes and drops lyrics like “I used to live on Cloud 9/Now I moved to 8” amid decent, inoffensive melodies and wallflower beats. I can’t help but feel nostalgic for his old, drawn-in-crayon trip-hop days.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player