- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Capitol
Since their 2000 release on DJ Hell‘s International DeeJay Gigolo label, Ficherspooner‘s full-length debut #1 has been played, played over, and overplayed. Three years since the album‘s domestic re-release, the duo of Warren Fischer and Casey Spooner return, meaning to reveal themselves as more than undulating Moroder marauders fixated on yelping artifice. For the most part-with input from Mirwais, Nicholas Vernhes, Tony Hoffer, and Linda Perry-they succeed. Odyssey is a more melodically and methodically nuanced album, but it doesn‘t stray so far from Fischerspooner‘s synth-flutter flecked trademark as to lose fans. The collaborations actually seem to imbue the work with more nebulous filament; drawing from foundational prog-rock sources makes Fischerspooner‘s Odyssey a less hollow and more rewarding quest.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- MP3Line Idle "Woodblock (Automatic Tasty Remix)"
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player