- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Capitol
Since their 2000 release on DJ Hell‘s International DeeJay Gigolo label, Ficherspooner‘s full-length debut #1 has been played, played over, and overplayed. Three years since the album‘s domestic re-release, the duo of Warren Fischer and Casey Spooner return, meaning to reveal themselves as more than undulating Moroder marauders fixated on yelping artifice. For the most part-with input from Mirwais, Nicholas Vernhes, Tony Hoffer, and Linda Perry-they succeed. Odyssey is a more melodically and methodically nuanced album, but it doesn‘t stray so far from Fischerspooner‘s synth-flutter flecked trademark as to lose fans. The collaborations actually seem to imbue the work with more nebulous filament; drawing from foundational prog-rock sources makes Fischerspooner‘s Odyssey a less hollow and more rewarding quest.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player