- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Capitol
Since their 2000 release on DJ Hell‘s International DeeJay Gigolo label, Ficherspooner‘s full-length debut #1 has been played, played over, and overplayed. Three years since the album‘s domestic re-release, the duo of Warren Fischer and Casey Spooner return, meaning to reveal themselves as more than undulating Moroder marauders fixated on yelping artifice. For the most part-with input from Mirwais, Nicholas Vernhes, Tony Hoffer, and Linda Perry-they succeed. Odyssey is a more melodically and methodically nuanced album, but it doesn‘t stray so far from Fischerspooner‘s synth-flutter flecked trademark as to lose fans. The collaborations actually seem to imbue the work with more nebulous filament; drawing from foundational prog-rock sources makes Fischerspooner‘s Odyssey a less hollow and more rewarding quest.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player