Five Deez Funky
- Words: DJ Design
- Label: !K7
The problem with rap music today is that nobody knows shit about it. I've been sayin' lately that these days, some blonde girl in a Juicy Couture outfit driving down Rodeo Drive in a 2003 Range Rover on a cell phone could be noddin' her head to the latest 50 Cent exclusive 16-bar battle verse on a mixtape by K-Slay. Thank you Five Deez for puttin' out great music that still feels like I'm up on some new shit that hasn't been tainted by a Sprite endorsement. And secondly, who else can put out a track that's 132bpm and still sound so "Funky"?
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player