Floriana vs. Màcro Heleylah Sunset
- Words: Joe Colly
- Label: Dalaki
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Joerg Schuster’s 2007-launched Dalaki label looks to elevate deep electronic and electro-acoustic sounds with visual elements, beyond MP3 files and humdrum jewel cases. For its first release, Heleylah Sunset, Floriana (Schuster) and Màcro (credited only as a “very nice guy from Madrid”) team up for a downtempo offering that comes with stickers, stencils, and elegant extraneous packaging. Luckily the tunes measure up to its design elements. Like with most respectable ambient work, here, several genre components are processed almost seamlessly into one gentle hum. Most notably, Schuster uses softened deep techno and glitchy electro alongside dub to create organic, pleasant soundscapes. With track titles like “Stream,” “Sunset,” and “Easy,” what you see is what you get.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player