Floriana vs. Màcro Heleylah Sunset
- Words: Joe Colly
- Label: Dalaki
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Joerg Schuster’s 2007-launched Dalaki label looks to elevate deep electronic and electro-acoustic sounds with visual elements, beyond MP3 files and humdrum jewel cases. For its first release, Heleylah Sunset, Floriana (Schuster) and Màcro (credited only as a “very nice guy from Madrid”) team up for a downtempo offering that comes with stickers, stencils, and elegant extraneous packaging. Luckily the tunes measure up to its design elements. Like with most respectable ambient work, here, several genre components are processed almost seamlessly into one gentle hum. Most notably, Schuster uses softened deep techno and glitchy electro alongside dub to create organic, pleasant soundscapes. With track titles like “Stream,” “Sunset,” and “Easy,” what you see is what you get.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player