Flunk Democracy: Personal Stereo Versions
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Beatservice
- XLR8R Rating: 6/10
Norway's folktronic outfit Flunk usually keeps its proceedings chilled, but this open-sourced remix effort ups the bpms more than a bit. Slicing and dicing "Diet of Water and Love," "If We Kiss," and the title track from their 2007 effort Personal Stereo, Democracy finds First Man on Mars and Penny and Ashtray's frenetic space-scapes sliding nicely up to the broken jazz of Allicorn Smokey Den with little resistance. Three songs does not usually a good compilation make, but in the case of the diverse approaches from Flunk's fans and followers, the copy is actually a sonic improvement on the original.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player