Flunk Treat me Like You Do
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: Beatservice
Offering up two and sometimes three versions of selected tracks from their For Sleepyheads Only album, Norwegians Jo Bakke and Anja Oyen Uister clearly show off their musical capabilities, proving that remixology can indeed be a science. Keyboard melodies blend with omnipresent guitar riffs, then charge hand-in-hand towards heavy electronic tweaks and blips. Leading the rest of the tracks in this style is a remix of New Order's "Blue Monday," with Bj?rk-style vocals sung over a rock guitar riff and a funky drum loop that takes this classic to new levels.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player