Forward, Russia! Give Me a Wall
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Dance to the Radio
Forward, RISD! might be a better name for these Brits, since they unleash a heavy, Les Savy Fav-like groove on their debut. No singer can match the charisma of L.S.V.'s beefy indie-rock provocateur Tim Harrington, but Forward, Russia!'s Tom Woodhead keeps things interesting, occasionally spazzing out but mostly sticking to the Bloc Party school of grandiose vocal stylings. Though the individually numbered (only) tracks can seem indistinguishable, the album is solid. It would be tempting to say that a band with so many well-worn influences works only in theory, but Forward, Russia! shouldn't be written off.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player