The Four Level Stars From Aircraft
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Breakbeat Science
The Four Level is L.A.-based Pieter K, the most brilliant, thoughtful, and unique drum & bass dude America ever produced, and Amy Jacob (who?), a singer from New Jersey band Prosolar Mechanics, whom you might know from Pieter K's track "Stars From Aircraft," a wonderful breakbeat excursion off his 2002 full-length (inexplicably missing here). The Four Level's production is all over the map, from the rock-guitar wash of "Collapse:Expand" to the slow drift of "Inaudible" to the tightly controlled groove of the album's best track, "If I Land." Sadly, through it all, Jacob is mediocre at best. Considering Pieter K is such a promising and wildly creative musician, this album is a bit of a let down.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player