Four Tet Everything Ecstatic
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Domino
Though Kieran Hebden has certainly developed since his first Four Tet record, his work has never strayed far from course. And his new record is no different. Everything Ecstatic manages to be unquestionably Four Tet while continuing Kieran Hebden's steady path towards a cosmic rhythm paradise somewhere that side of the sun. Ecstatic jazz, Krautrock, and hip-hop have always been part of the Four Tet package, but never have drums and bells played such an integral role. Like Madlib collaborating with The Boredoms, Everything Ecstatic is blunted and keenly searching, featuring some of Hebden's most compelling pieces thus far.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player