Fragile State Voices From the Dust Bowl
- Words: Melissa Wheeler
- Label: Bar de Lune
The downtempo duo of Ben Mynott and Neil Cowley returns with their second original chill-out LP, but be warned: its charm is marred. The epic guitar backbone of "King for a Day" evokes images of a man with long, wavy hair atop a cliff, passionately wanking on his filtered guitar as a camera swivels around him in his moment of musical abandon. Meanwhile, the flute and slow build of "At Last" and the gently swaying strings and filtered piano of "New Bassa" aim for a questionable sort of sincerity. Voices From the Dustbowl is an album too safe for even home listening.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player