Fragile State Voices From the Dust Bowl
- Words: Melissa Wheeler
- Label: Bar de Lune
The downtempo duo of Ben Mynott and Neil Cowley returns with their second original chill-out LP, but be warned: its charm is marred. The epic guitar backbone of "King for a Day" evokes images of a man with long, wavy hair atop a cliff, passionately wanking on his filtered guitar as a camera swivels around him in his moment of musical abandon. Meanwhile, the flute and slow build of "At Last" and the gently swaying strings and filtered piano of "New Bassa" aim for a questionable sort of sincerity. Voices From the Dustbowl is an album too safe for even home listening.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player