Fragile State Voices From the Dust Bowl
- Words: Melissa Wheeler
- Label: Bar de Lune
The downtempo duo of Ben Mynott and Neil Cowley returns with their second original chill-out LP, but be warned: its charm is marred. The epic guitar backbone of "King for a Day" evokes images of a man with long, wavy hair atop a cliff, passionately wanking on his filtered guitar as a camera swivels around him in his moment of musical abandon. Meanwhile, the flute and slow build of "At Last" and the gently swaying strings and filtered piano of "New Bassa" aim for a questionable sort of sincerity. Voices From the Dustbowl is an album too safe for even home listening.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player