Frivolous Midnight Black Indulgence
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: ~scape
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Decadent and enchanting, Midnight Black Indulgence weaves a nocturnal narrative with chapters spanning the emotional and stylistic gamut. Gardner's virulent 4/4 tech-house minimalisms twist and bump on tracks like "Sooo Savey" and "Forget the Funk," but it's the sleek, scat-jazz allure of "The Long Way" and the opiate-like "Abandoned Earth" that indicate the depth of his mastery. Textural subtleties and lightly swirled melancholy are interlaced throughout the album, bringing out a richness in character rarely achieved by many outside of Matthew Herbert or Luciano. The title says it all.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player