- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: On
Dutch bros Don and Roel Funcken, known for their electronic hip-hop and reggae-inspired releases under numerous aliases, hand over a couple of edgy, almost desolate rhythmic remixes of various artists' tunes. On the main side, they give electro-acoustic band Ontayso's Score of an "Imaginary Iceland" a respectfully crisp slo-beat treatment before taking C»line's "Here and Now" to a murmuring, granular dub cavern. On the flip, the boys digitally stretch out and bunch up Detroit knob-twiddler Kero's "Bent" inna Warp style, and give fellow Dutchboy Slemper no quarter by putting his "Soccermummy" in some cloudy radiowave-funk ether. Good goodness on this.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player