- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: On
Dutch bros Don and Roel Funcken, known for their electronic hip-hop and reggae-inspired releases under numerous aliases, hand over a couple of edgy, almost desolate rhythmic remixes of various artists' tunes. On the main side, they give electro-acoustic band Ontayso's Score of an "Imaginary Iceland" a respectfully crisp slo-beat treatment before taking C»line's "Here and Now" to a murmuring, granular dub cavern. On the flip, the boys digitally stretch out and bunch up Detroit knob-twiddler Kero's "Bent" inna Warp style, and give fellow Dutchboy Slemper no quarter by putting his "Soccermummy" in some cloudy radiowave-funk ether. Good goodness on this.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player