Future Pigeon The Echodelic Sounds Of Future Pigeon
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Record Collection
Too much sleekly machined dub-techno has left dub feeling like a relic, rather than the hallucinogenic sci-fi that spurted from the boards of 1970s Jamaica. Leave it to Future Pigeon, an LA-based soundmob, to push the form back to the future. The Echodelic Sounds has piles of signature dub effects (the influence of Scientist can be heard in every beat), but takes off into expansive realms where harsh guitars, synthesizers, and punk croons meet easy-skanking rhythms. The band is unafraid to version their own productions, with their own rework of "Wicked Man" aced by Mikey Dread‘s melodic toasts.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player