Future Pigeon The Echodelic Sounds Of Future Pigeon
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Record Collection
Too much sleekly machined dub-techno has left dub feeling like a relic, rather than the hallucinogenic sci-fi that spurted from the boards of 1970s Jamaica. Leave it to Future Pigeon, an LA-based soundmob, to push the form back to the future. The Echodelic Sounds has piles of signature dub effects (the influence of Scientist can be heard in every beat), but takes off into expansive realms where harsh guitars, synthesizers, and punk croons meet easy-skanking rhythms. The band is unafraid to version their own productions, with their own rework of "Wicked Man" aced by Mikey Dread‘s melodic toasts.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player