Future Sound Of London Future Sound Of London Present Amorphous Androgynous the Otherness
- Words: Stacy Meyn
- Label: Psychobaby
Early '90s technorganic darlings FSOL (a.k.a. Amorphous Androgynous) have finally gone prog. Brian "Stakker Humanoid" Dougans and Garry "Gaz" Cobain prepared for the millennium within the Galaxial Pharmaceutical studios, recording Alice in Ultraland-which ultimately became 2002's The Isness. The binary pair then compiled the leftovers of the long, strange trip into The Otherness. Tracks like "Elysian Feels (Abbey Road Version)" and "She Sells Electric Ego" (written for Gaz's LA pal Ian "The Cult" Astbury) subsume harpsichord and sitar plucks, zoning on psychedelia. Think Ummagumma-era Pink Floyd and King Crimson heaped with extra self-indulgence, cock-rock guitars and ELO samples.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player