Future Sound Of London Future Sound Of London Present Amorphous Androgynous the Otherness
- Words: Stacy Meyn
- Label: Psychobaby
Early '90s technorganic darlings FSOL (a.k.a. Amorphous Androgynous) have finally gone prog. Brian "Stakker Humanoid" Dougans and Garry "Gaz" Cobain prepared for the millennium within the Galaxial Pharmaceutical studios, recording Alice in Ultraland-which ultimately became 2002's The Isness. The binary pair then compiled the leftovers of the long, strange trip into The Otherness. Tracks like "Elysian Feels (Abbey Road Version)" and "She Sells Electric Ego" (written for Gaz's LA pal Ian "The Cult" Astbury) subsume harpsichord and sitar plucks, zoning on psychedelia. Think Ummagumma-era Pink Floyd and King Crimson heaped with extra self-indulgence, cock-rock guitars and ELO samples.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player