Galt Macdermot Up From the Basement: Unreleased Tracks Vols. 1 & 2
- Words: Fitz Gitler
- Label: Kilmarnock
The composer of songs such as "Let the Sunshine In" from the musical Hair, MacDermot has finally released these recordings from the late '60s and early '70s which compromise a precious time-capsule from our funkiest era. While composing soundtracks and working as a studio musician with legendary jazz-funk drummer Bernard Purdie, he continually performed with amazing bands, and occasionally released the results himself. These are exactly the kind of grooves that have caused everybody from Pete Rock to Buckwild to sample his music. Good sweet soul cooking.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player