Galt Macdermot In Film
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Kilmarnock
Two types of people know Galt MacDermot: dramafags and crate diggers. A prolific composer and arranger, he‘s done it all, from Hair to the Benny Hill Show to a string of Cotton flicks. And while one generation knows him for letting their hair down and the sunshine in, another knows Busta‘s "Whoo Hah!" hook which was lifted from MacDermot‘s "Pace." Ironically, this South Africa-raised white guy was totally hip to the black sounds of rebellion and freedom; and while the samples may have provided some great MTV tunes, the uncut Hammond-Leslie trills and buzzing guitars give you a glimpse at a groovy heart.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player