The Gang Font Featuring Interloper
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Thirsty Ear
Not since early-'90s jazz-core outfit Iceburn has a band fused punk and jazz so well. Featuring Hüsker Dü's Greg Norton, The Gang Font is a math-rock band that employs jazz drumming and improvisational guitar riffs to produce interstellar progressive rock that deviates from anything Thirsty Ear has offered in the past. While rock bands from Titan to Hella proudly trumpet their prog influences, The Gang Font fits more in line with The Mahavishnu Orchestra teaming up with Dave Brubeck than the band's psych-math contemporaries. Featuring Interloper might be the end-all for tech-music nerds everywhere.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player