Garnet Silk Music is the Rod
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: VP
It wouldn‘t be a stretch to call Garnet Silk the reggae Jeff Buckley. Like the New York City avant-rock heartthrob, Silk possessed an indescribably beautiful and emotive voice and died a bizarre, tragic death at a young age, just as he appeared to be reaching a creative plateau. Beginning with the haunting, minimal "Splashing Dashing," VP‘s two-disc set accumulates a large chunk of Silk‘s recognizable output, culminating in a brief interview done just a few months before his death. The past year has seen a return to form for conscious dancehall singers, making it just the right time for a retrospective of an increasingly forgotten one-one who helped usher in the last revival more than a decade ago.
- MP3Chrissy Murderbot "Alright (Calculon & Austin Speed Remix)"
- NewsListen to the New Single from Boards of Canada
- NewsListen to a Reversed Version of Boards of Canada's New Single
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Ikonika
- FeatureWax Ecstatic: Kyle Hall, Gerd Janson, Hieroglyphic Being, and More Discuss the Limited Vinyl Craze
XLR8R Downloads Player