Gary Davis Chocolate Star: The Very Best of Gary Davis
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Traffic Entertainmen
Eccentric producer Gary Davis' Chocolate Star Records would later issue bass records out of West Palm Beach but, in its early-'80s New Jersey days, the label was primarily an outlet for Davis' own P&P Records-style funkiness. A re-lick of "Gotta Get Your Love," which Davis originally wrote and produced for Clyde Alexander and Sanction, is among several songs derived from Davis' days with Peter Brown, but it's the Funkadelic-style freakout "The Professor's Here" and Chocolate Star cohort Dennis "DJ" Jones' early LinnDrum hip-hop jam "The Pop" that are the true gems of this archaeological dig.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsAlias Announces New LP for Anticon, Drops Free EP
XLR8R Downloads Player