Ge-Ology Ge-Ology Plays Ge-Ology
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Female Fun
A producer of soulful yet coldly chilling beats in the vein of Pete Rock and Jay Dee, Geology‘s name should pull some serious weight but, despite his history producing 2Pac‘s first recordings and aiding Black Star‘s first album, he remains relatively obscure. With his first feature LP for the instrumentally-minded Female Fun, the artist so seamlessly mixes instrumentals from his back catalog that it sounds like one long track. While he‘s one of a few contemporary hip-hop producers whose beats all sound good enough to listen to on their own, it‘s the handful of vocal tracks included here-namely the Consequence-laced party rocker "Fasho" and a remix of Pete Rock and Grand Agent‘s "This is What They Meant"-that give the LP the needed push to make it interesting.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player