Ge-Ology Ge-Ology Plays Ge-Ology
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Female Fun
A producer of soulful yet coldly chilling beats in the vein of Pete Rock and Jay Dee, Geology‘s name should pull some serious weight but, despite his history producing 2Pac‘s first recordings and aiding Black Star‘s first album, he remains relatively obscure. With his first feature LP for the instrumentally-minded Female Fun, the artist so seamlessly mixes instrumentals from his back catalog that it sounds like one long track. While he‘s one of a few contemporary hip-hop producers whose beats all sound good enough to listen to on their own, it‘s the handful of vocal tracks included here-namely the Consequence-laced party rocker "Fasho" and a remix of Pete Rock and Grand Agent‘s "This is What They Meant"-that give the LP the needed push to make it interesting.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player