General Patton vs. The X-Ecutioners General Patton Vs. The X-Ecutioners
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Ipecac
What the hell does Mike Patton need the X-Men for? The former Faith No More/Mr. Bungle frontman exhales more ideas than the three DJs who crab-and flare scratch. Here, Rob Swift, Roc Raida, and Total Eclipse are the straight men. This is Patton‘s show as he shotgun-fires Bungle-style schizophrenia; his outbursts of live funk instrumentation and samples of thrift-shop kitsch are perverted enough for cultists to memorize for years to come. Not every idea works-his R&B moments sound forced and his Cro-Magnon grumbles are only redeeming for a few scratches. Yet, Patton‘s restlessness never ceases to inspire.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player