General Patton vs. The X-Ecutioners General Patton Vs. The X-Ecutioners
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Ipecac
What the hell does Mike Patton need the X-Men for? The former Faith No More/Mr. Bungle frontman exhales more ideas than the three DJs who crab-and flare scratch. Here, Rob Swift, Roc Raida, and Total Eclipse are the straight men. This is Patton‘s show as he shotgun-fires Bungle-style schizophrenia; his outbursts of live funk instrumentation and samples of thrift-shop kitsch are perverted enough for cultists to memorize for years to come. Not every idea works-his R&B moments sound forced and his Cro-Magnon grumbles are only redeeming for a few scratches. Yet, Patton‘s restlessness never ceases to inspire.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player