Georgia Anne Muldrow Kings Ballad
Within three years, singer/songwriter/producer Georgia Anne Muldrow has cemented herself as somewhat of an anomaly. As a self-contained artist with album projects on an array of indie labels, it’s apparent that Muldrow is intent on being at the helm of her D.I.Y. destiny. Kings Ballad, a reference to the recently departed king of pop, is a breathtaking part of that continuum. While adhering to her interstellar brand of sociopolitical funk, the album showcases a slightly different side of Muldrow, as jaunts in poppy punk ("Room Punk"), minimal wave ("Thatch"), and tango ("Morena Del Ray") exemplify her breadth of musical knowledge and dexterity. Kings Ballad marks the natural progression of a remarkable artist-in-residency.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player