- Words: Margaret Murray
- Label: Life Enhancing Audio
Gerd graces us with an ostensibly insider concept that works for the masses. Gerd. Modified is a compilation of Gerd remixes, other artists remixing Gerd, and Gerd remixing themselves. All Gerd all the time works, though. The beauty of Modified lies in the imaginative inclusion of throwback instruments such as flute and flugelhorn, accenting the sensuous melodies sliding through virtually every track. Vocals are given special attention here, to especially good effect with Alissa Kuecker on "Shine," as well as the Brasilia-tinged "Tesao." "Onkel Joe," a '70s German jazz classic, undergoes a Latin makeover with a bit of 5/4 beat thrown in-just one of the tricks in the Gerd arsenal.
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player