GFS Mount Vernon Street
- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: Sound Gizmo
Drum & bass has found its funk. And it's about time-Philly-based duo GFS have crashed through the (now-fading) stereotype of dark, serious and self-involved tech-step by bringing back a much-needed sense of playfulness. Liquid funk drips from the basslines, nicely balancing the crisp snares and throbbing kick drums and it's all topped off with some spacey sound effects and acidic synth lines. By enlisting the help of a few friends-dubbed the GFS "Allstars" and playing bass, Fender Rhodes, sax, violin and guitar-GFS have created an impossibly funky, tripped-out and enjoyable debut album.
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsListen to Bodhi's New Single for Ten Thousand Yen
XLR8R Downloads Player