GFS Mount Vernon Street
- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: Sound Gizmo
Drum & bass has found its funk. And it's about time-Philly-based duo GFS have crashed through the (now-fading) stereotype of dark, serious and self-involved tech-step by bringing back a much-needed sense of playfulness. Liquid funk drips from the basslines, nicely balancing the crisp snares and throbbing kick drums and it's all topped off with some spacey sound effects and acidic synth lines. By enlisting the help of a few friends-dubbed the GFS "Allstars" and playing bass, Fender Rhodes, sax, violin and guitar-GFS have created an impossibly funky, tripped-out and enjoyable debut album.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player