Ghostland Observatory Robotique Majestique
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Trashy Moped
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Shiny capes? Check. Jerky dancing? Check. Drama upon drama? All check. Ghostland Observatory isn’t into subtlety, and the 2001-esque opener on their third album makes it clear they haven’t mellowed lately. Live, Aaron Behrens and Thomas Turner play a mix of grandiose rock and pounding electronic beats, but on this album, rock takes a definite back seat, with the layers of synths and beats piled thick. What keeps this from being yet another Daft Punk descendant, though, is Behrens’ voice. Think Freddie Mercury holding nothing back–truly, truly nothing–with maybe some Beth Ditto thrown in. All that said, the album is just an echo of their amazing live show.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player