Giardini Di Miro The Academic Rise of Falling Drifters
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: 2.nd
Wait! Don't get scared off by the inclusion of remixes by usual suspects Styrofoam, Herrmann & Kleine, Opiate, Dntel, Turner and Isan. While they issue plenty of worthwhile music with alarming frequency on their own, here they're given a substantial challenge in the source music of Giardini Di Miro. The aforementioned artists, plus Nitrada and errorEncountered, layer the intrigue with echoes of its original rock instrumentation-oceanic guitars and vapor trails of air-weight vocals. Each remix is a revelation, a brilliant fusion of its origin and its newly re-engineered life.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player