Golden Death Music Ephemera Blues
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Helmet Room
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Michael Ramey knows his way around psychedelic epics, even though his expansive Ephemera Blues is built out of songs that rarely last longer than a few minutes. The sunny strum of "Together" nevertheless feels like a good soundtrack for Roman Polanski's Repulsion, while the dual consciousness of "Morning Sun, Mourning Song" unfurls like a primordial chant. Ramey's Golden Death Music avatar has a way with media: A lengthy insert featuring compelling art from Lido Pimienta illustrating postmodern fables and folklore–"The Parable of the Discontented Gear" is a great one–fleshes out its architect's acoustic wanderings. He may have written the most peaceful composition for a song titled "Lost in Violence" in the history of music. A trip.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player