The Good, The Bad & The Queen The Good, The Bad & The Queen
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Virgin
Damon Albarn's indistinguishable projects congeal in this abstract supergroup, combining members of The Clash (Paul Simonon), Fela Kuti's ensemble (Tony Allen), The Verve (Simon Tong), and producer Danger Mouse. Albarn's studio musings have turned into a dozen-deep recording as quirky as Gorillaz and folky as Blur. In the midst of this psychedelic journey (check the Beatles riff on "Green Fields") lies the heartfelt, at times quizzical, and, given the name, sometimes political lyrics Albarn is famous for. While the guitar riffs at times prove predictable, and the bass wavering, Allen keeps the pocket tight enough to tie it all together.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player