Gosub Watchers From the Black Universe
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Traffic
Taking the name of a computer language isn't the only tip-off that Miami electro producer Shad T. Scott is first and foremost a programmer: Scott's synth-heavy, analog-punctuated sound is clean and listenable, but most of the cuts on Watchers From the Black Universe sound crafted for mixing through a set, and less notable for their own individual ebb and flow. Scott-who co-piloted Miami's first electro-tech imprint, Isophlux-permits himself a healthy dash of campy fun on Watchers: "The Rain Comes Down" comes peppered with a grainy, old-school robotic overlay that affectionately recalls Knight Rider.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player