Gosub Watchers From the Black Universe
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Traffic
Taking the name of a computer language isn't the only tip-off that Miami electro producer Shad T. Scott is first and foremost a programmer: Scott's synth-heavy, analog-punctuated sound is clean and listenable, but most of the cuts on Watchers From the Black Universe sound crafted for mixing through a set, and less notable for their own individual ebb and flow. Scott-who co-piloted Miami's first electro-tech imprint, Isophlux-permits himself a healthy dash of campy fun on Watchers: "The Rain Comes Down" comes peppered with a grainy, old-school robotic overlay that affectionately recalls Knight Rider.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player