Gotan Project Lunatico
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Beggars Banquet
The vocals of Calexico-the female singer, not the band-on Lunactico's opener, "Amor Porteno," instantly transport the listener to La Revancha del Tango, Gotan Project's near-million-selling debut. The Argentinean trio makes a slight return before launching into bigger basslines and more twisted tango than before, making them crowned beasts of the bandoneon. The reggae-tinged upbeat of "Notas" and the club-anthemic "Diferente" are certain to invade as many global comps as the debut. The lush interplay between floating piano and accordion lines along warm bass notes solidifies Gotan as one of the most inventive, inviting world/electronic projects out there. Lunatico, indeed.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player