Gotan Project Lunatico
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Beggars Banquet
The vocals of Calexico-the female singer, not the band-on Lunactico's opener, "Amor Porteno," instantly transport the listener to La Revancha del Tango, Gotan Project's near-million-selling debut. The Argentinean trio makes a slight return before launching into bigger basslines and more twisted tango than before, making them crowned beasts of the bandoneon. The reggae-tinged upbeat of "Notas" and the club-anthemic "Diferente" are certain to invade as many global comps as the debut. The lush interplay between floating piano and accordion lines along warm bass notes solidifies Gotan as one of the most inventive, inviting world/electronic projects out there. Lunatico, indeed.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player