Gravy Train!!! Hello Doctor
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: Kill Rock Stars
If there's one thing the unabashedly schlocky music of Gravy Train!!! doesn't suffer from, it's a lack of self-irony. The group grew famous poaching beats from Casio Tone for the Very Alone, and routinely drawing inspiration from malt liquor, Dairy Queen, and the ass bandit. On the album Hello Doctor, Chunx, Hunx, Funx and Drunx unleash their gutter-punk sass with no apologies-a method borrowed from the Yeastie Girls. Their most infectious tracks-"Titties Bounce" and the infamous "You Made Me Gay"-are meant to be played at full volume, and will make a whole art house get crunk.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player