Greens Keepers Present the Ziggy Franklen Radio Show
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Classic Music
If you thought you knew what to expect from Derrick Carter's Classic Music label, think again. Sure, Chicago's Greens Keepers turn out tunes as lush, sassy and polished as labelmates Rob Mello and Tiefschwarz, but the Chi-town twosome draws on Dixieland pianos and country-fried guitar, as well as more traditional jack-tracks smacks. Still, they avoid any gimmicky taint by keeping their funk full and feisty. From slap-bass with keening falsetto to flamenco featherings to jugband thump, Greens Keepers-who also aren't afraid of a little Rhodes-touched soul-have come up with one of the most distinctly down-home house records ever.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player