Greens Keepers Present the Ziggy Franklen Radio Show
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Classic Music
If you thought you knew what to expect from Derrick Carter's Classic Music label, think again. Sure, Chicago's Greens Keepers turn out tunes as lush, sassy and polished as labelmates Rob Mello and Tiefschwarz, but the Chi-town twosome draws on Dixieland pianos and country-fried guitar, as well as more traditional jack-tracks smacks. Still, they avoid any gimmicky taint by keeping their funk full and feisty. From slap-bass with keening falsetto to flamenco featherings to jugband thump, Greens Keepers-who also aren't afraid of a little Rhodes-touched soul-have come up with one of the most distinctly down-home house records ever.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player