Gregg Kowalsky Through the Cardial Window
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Kranky
Oakland's Gregg Kowalsky has quite a penchant for creating engaging noise and ambient compositions. Through the Cardial Window barrels through a buzz of minimal feedback, ghostly cymbal swells, and decadent build-ups that capture life's most tumultuous times. Often ubiquitously serene and ravenously heavy at the same time, the Mills College MFA graduate employs a dense amount of textural techniques, from filtering his work through an acoustic guitar pickup to reworking source material from the brutal ambiance of the band Isis. From beginning to end, Kowalsky's potent blend of feedback loops and psychedelic chiming leaves you feeling medicated and breathless.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player