Gregor Tresher A Thousand Nights
- Words: Chris Sabbath
- Label: Great Stuff
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
German DJ and producer Gregor Tresher has been making quite a name for himself across European dance floors ever since the Datapunk imprint dropped his Still EP in 2005. The Frankfurt native follows up on the success of that 12” with A Thousand Nights, a collection of previously released singles and remixes assembled on CD for the first time, that reinforces his status as one of Germany’s finest electro/tech-house DJs. Throughout the album, Tresher designs dim, dance-fueled atmospheres with sparse electronics, usually by boosting a plinking microhouse rhythm with a faint synth gurgle or a prickly, electro melody. An ecstatic, moving album for those who favor peak-time minimal techno.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player