Greyboy Soul Mosaic
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Ubiquity
Take the stop-start staccato of beat-box hip-hop jams, inject downtempo funk rhythms, and pare it all down with Andreas "Greyboy" Stevens's trademark minimalism and you're listening to what a body-rocker would sound like if those fluid moves could be somehow become audible. SoCal's Greyboy was one of the first Stateside peeps to suss out the heady possibilities of acid jazz, and this album is a culmination of past hip-hop 'n jazz, live funk, and turntablist endeavors. Check vocal stylings from Sharon Jones (of retro-funketeers Dap Kings), whose breezy hooks on "Got To Be A Love" will send a sudden electric charge right to your sexy spot.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player