The Grouch Show You the World
- Words: Zoneil Maharaj
- Label: Legendary Music
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Meticulously crafted, Show You the World is The Grouch’s first solo release in five years, serving food for thought over a platter of tight production. Though “Clones” deals in trite topical matter, its medley of congas, horns, strings, and keys will put a twist in your hip. The same goes for the funky “Hot Air Balloons.” Sticking to his simple-man mantra, he attacks corporate chains on “Mom and Pop Killer” and pretentious pseudo-elitists on “Artsy,” rapping, “You ain’t artsier than me/’cause you got sideburns and a vintage tee.” However, his and Murs’ post-hyphy construction “The Bay to L.A.” comes a little too late. If you thought the Legends were slipping, Show You the World will fix your screwface.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player