Grouper Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill
- Words: Michael Byrne
- Label: Type
On this wonderful, foggy dream of a record, Portland’s Lizz Harris has gone and bested nearly everything she‘s done as Grouper, her often murky drone-folk solo project. For most of these 12 languid songs, it is just guitar strum, pillowy resonance, and, sunk in the mix, her heavenly voice, singing about… well, it’s really hard to say. As lucid as this album is for Harris, the lo-fi recording sounds like it‘s filtered through a wall or three: The sounds bleed and mingle like differently shaded rivers at a junction. Music this lovely could almost change the world.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player