- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Morr Music
You're right: Sunkissed, the debut album from Digital Jockey and a handful of collaborators (Ayako Akashiba, Regina Janssen, G?nther Janssen) sounds uncannily-some might say almost inexcusably-like My Bloody Valentine. But as it turns out, we need more of this blissed-out, shoegazing, stars-in-our-eyes dreampop; the ending of every one of Guitar's breathless, swirlybird pop gems leaves a desperate taste in your mouth, the comedown as bruising as the rush was heady. If you've ever had a soft spot for backwards guitars or the blush of a lusting chord, if you've ever swooned to a Siren-like female voice, if Boards of Canada's breakbeats thump at your hollow chest like a heart trying to crawl back inside, then Sunkissed will strum you into sweet, grateful submission.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player