- Words: Josiah Hughes
- Label: Onitor
Inspired by the work of My Bloody Valentine, Michael Lückner‘s Guitar project was intended to further that group‘s ideas through manipulated guitar samples. On Tokyo, the third Guitar record (and first with vocalist Ayako Akashiba), the duo introduces an identity separate from their influences. The spirit of MBV is still evident on tracks like "Wash Me Away," but the record also spans lush pop ("Sunday Afternoon At Tamagawa River") and playful hip-hop ("Akiko"). Far from derivative, Tokyo is a carefully executed record that should not be missed.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player