Håkan Lidbo Dunka Dunka
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Musick
Sometimes it's fun to hear artists spank themselves with the crazy stick. Luckily for Swede Håkan Lidbo, "crazy" sounds pretty darn good. From its bloodied cover art to frenzied, aggro rhythms running like a nun on crack throughout, Dunka Dunka offers a dark respite from the shiny, pop-centric tech-house stylings that Lidbo also does so well. In classic Lidbo fashion, Dunka's off-kilter distortion feels playful and controlled under this producer's masterful hand: "Half Man Half Lobster" punctuates noisy beat-clattering with a slow, harmonic ascension, only to melt into a swerving synth web. Sanity, after all, is somewhat overrated.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player