Håkan Lidbo Finest Selection
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Tangent Beats
Is there anything Håkan Lidbo can't do? Finest Selection, a collection of singles and semi-covers, brims with the good Mr. Lidbo's characteristically laser-sharp production and infectious bouncy attitude. While most of these tracks are in the vocal-drenched tech-house vein, flashes of Lidbo's protean stylistic tendencies crop up, most notably in the ultra-diced vox over "Happy People" and the fantastically bright 2-step swing of "Never Change." As if to prove a point, he even redeems the dodgy pop hit "What is Love." The nastiest man in electronic music delivers in fine style as always.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player