The Hafler Trio An Utterance of the Supreme Ventriloquist
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Soleilmoon
Andrew McKenzie (The Hafler Trio) can make five minutes seem like five hours that you never want to end. As heard in his recent work with Autechre, his drones are mined from the electricity drawn from the coal of a dark, bloodied Earth-brittle and intoxicating enough to stay in the lungs. Utterance is a 1996 piece repackaged in a scripture-like booklet. The album's two tracks, "Placing the Seed" and "Seeding the Place," both drift like a capsized ship in a glacier canyon. While the long stretches of wailing feedback can grow cumbersome, McKenzie's drones still breathe deep and entice.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player