Hallucinogen In Dub
- Words: Fitz Gitler
- Label: Twisted
British trance label Twisted is letting the groove mellow for a minute. Six tracks by Simon Postford are dipped in a pot of dub by remixer OTT. The result is full of deep atmospherics, huge bubbling basslines, dripping synth tones, cascading whispers and murmurs, and the crackle of percussion floating on top. Soundscapes reminiscent of The Orb's landmark 1992 single "Blue Room" seem to be the template here. But dubby trance has come a long way in ten years. Or has it? While lush and hypnotic, this music is hollow, succumbing to the overly mechanical sound of many digital dub recordings. After-hours music after its time.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player