Hallucinogen In Dub
- Words: Fitz Gitler
- Label: Twisted
British trance label Twisted is letting the groove mellow for a minute. Six tracks by Simon Postford are dipped in a pot of dub by remixer OTT. The result is full of deep atmospherics, huge bubbling basslines, dripping synth tones, cascading whispers and murmurs, and the crackle of percussion floating on top. Soundscapes reminiscent of The Orb's landmark 1992 single "Blue Room" seem to be the template here. But dubby trance has come a long way in ten years. Or has it? While lush and hypnotic, this music is hollow, succumbing to the overly mechanical sound of many digital dub recordings. After-hours music after its time.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player